Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mini we

Greetings from our new apartment.  This is mostly a swell place.  Awesome views of the water. 









It's a corner apartment.













Walking distance to the ballpark!



Granted, it's the San Francisco Chronicle.
Newspaper delivered right to our door. And we don't have to walk down any steps, like at our house.



But, as Mary Shelley wrote in Frankenstein, "Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change." Yo, Mary, nothing is so painful to the back, either.

Apartment living is taking a little getting used to. Rebecca and I are having trouble finding things. Can you find my World Series glass in this photo? Me either. For that matter, I can't find my cat.  

Ergonomically speaking, the place is lacking. Not enough shelves make for too much bending. The apartment is smaller than our house and even though we tried to pare down all that we brought here, we still can't find places to put things. My home office was a separate and generously sized room. My apartment office is a corner of the living room. 

Pardon the complaining. It's what I do best. Big picture-wise, the place is fine and it's where we're going to live until our home is much improved.

Here are a couple of photos of our new digs. Please excuse the mess. We just got here two days ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment